I give in, since two of my friends requested it. A MySpace-y Facebook survey type thing. But since I’m such a geek, I’m going to post it on my personal blog because I know Facebook will automagically import the post. I love the Facebook-Wordpress integration.
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose up to 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag up to 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.) Or be cool like me and setup a WordPress blog at www.wordpress.com and turn on the Facebook integration (mine is at my personal web site but I don’t expect anyone to be that cool. lol).
1. I love techno music (electro specifically).
2. I’m addicted to Pandora.com.
3. I’m trying to learn how to play the guitar. So far the only thing I’m remotely happy I’ve learned how to play is the intro from Under the Bridge by RHCP.
4. I was born in Romania, Transylvania specifically.
5. I can speak 2 languages fluently, and have in the past spoken up to 5 languages (Hungarian, Romanian, German, French, and English).
6. I am a member of Mensa, having taken a pretest on the website for A Beautiful Mind while sitting in my barracks room at MCAS Miramar.
7. I finished my last four classes of my Bachelor’s while on active duty with the US Marine Corps.
8. I was lucky enough to be stationed in San Diego, CA, (and do #7) for a full year thanks to Paul Whelan.
9. I’ve had the pleasure of driving two Mustangs in my life (a black 2000 convertible sold to Chris Gates and currently an ’05 GT), thanks to my mechanical and car-gifted Dad being able to fix them up.
10. My dad bought me the ’05 GT as a graduation present, and slipped out early from the ceremony to drive it up for me. It’s a memory I’ll never forget.
11. My dad and I don’t get along too well, and often fight over stupid shit.
12. When I was a kid I went through a phase of liking to light small things on fire.
13. I spent a few months in a refugee hostel in Austria, while my family waited for our US Visas.
14. I have many acquaintances, but it’s hard for me to really trust people. Once someone has gained my trust, it takes something really serious to lose that.
15. I love my two jobs, especially those I work with and the technical challenges I face day to day.
16. I often think too ambitiously, and give up my plans due to their complexity and my inability to tackle over the top projects on my own.
17. I have little faith in love and the opposite sex, from being burned a few times. I’m sure it’ll fall together eventually though.
18. I really enjoy playing soccer.
19. Hummus, sushi, and my mother’s cooking are my favorite foods.
20. I would love to see my grandmother again, very soon.
21. I sometimes wonder how my life would have turned out if certain key events would have transpired differently.
22. I’m very shy when praised, instead taking a pragmatic view of my abilities and positive traits.
23. I can be critical of others, however I am equally if not more critical of myself.
24. I can be moody and be an isolationist at times.
25. When I touch a sponge, or anything sponge-like, I immediately have a reaction and get goosebumps. Strange, huh?
And one more just because.
26. When I was a kid, taking baths would scare me because the noise made by the water draining (I thought) sounded like a snake.